In this guide, we will cover the following:
- Signifyd’s Reimbursement Policy
- What To Submit For Reimbursement
- How To Submit a Reimbursement Request
- Uploading Additional Chargeback Documents
Signifyd’s Reimbursement Policy
Signifyd’s Guaranteed Payments covers merchants against chargebacks associated with fraud or unauthorized charges.
In order to be reimbursed for a chargeback, the following criteria must be met:
- The chargeback reason code must be for fraud or unauthorized charges.
- The order was approved for Guarantee.
- The delivery address matches the shipping address provided in the order.
- Proof of shipment, in the form of a tracking number, is provided for the order.
We do not cover chargebacks due to errors made by the merchant, card processor or shipper, such as:
- Item not received, not as described, or defective/broken
- Refund not processed
- Duplicate charges
As long as the chargeback and order meets our criteria, we’ll reimburse the full chargeback amount, plus any associated fees. (Please note that the chargeback must have occurred after the order was approved for Guarantee.)
For more information on the terms of our reimbursement policy, please refer to our terms of service.
What To Submit For Reimbursement
If you receive a chargeback on an order that meets the above criteria, you’ll need to gather the following items to submit a reimbursement request:
- Proof of shipment, usually in the form of a tracking number that can be verified online. (We also accept proof of delivery documentation from the shipping company or private delivery service, when combined with the order invoice.)
- A copy of the chargeback
notice that contains the following
- Chargeback amount, reason and current status
- Order details, including order ID and date
- Customer payment details
Below is a sample chargeback notice that contains all the details we need to process your claim. (If you’re a Shopify merchant, learn how to assemble your chargeback notice here.)
Once you’ve collected these documents, you’re ready to submit your claim.
How to Submit a Reimbursement Request
If you receive a chargeback that meets our eligibility requirements, you can submit your chargeback for reimbursement in a few easy steps.
1. Report a chargeback.
Select the order you received a chargeback on from within the console. From the order page, click the Request Chargeback Reimbursement button on the action menu.
2. Complete the claim form and choose your reimbursement method.
Complete the form below, attach your chargeback notice, and choose how you’d like to be reimbursed.
Note: Currently, you can be reimbursed via PayPal or bank transfer. (We use Bill.com to reimburse via bank transfer. To learn how to set up a Bill.com account for reimbursement, please read our FAQ.)
3. Submit your reimbursement request.
Once you’ve completed the form, click submit. A confirmation message will appear, and you’ll receive an email confirming your submission. Should additional information be required to process your reimbursement request, a claims analyst will contact you.
4. Upload additional chargeback documents, if applicable.
If you have additional chargeback documents you’d like to provide for your request, simply select the attachment icon [paperclip].
Then click Attach File to select the document you would like to upload. Finally click Submit to securely send the document to us.
And that’s all. If you need any help throughout this process, please reach out to email@example.com.